While you have probably received similar notices from banks, brokers, credit card companies, etc., I am going to explain my policy in very simple, easy to understand English. Your privacy is important and maintaining your confidence and trust is among my highest priorities.
As you know, I collect certain personal information about you in order to prepare your tax return. The information is either provided by you or obtained with your permission. Among the sources from which I collect information are:
Interviews with you
Written communications from you and
Prior tax returns or client organizers.
- As a security precaution, your records that I keep a copy of are stored in locking file cabinets. A password is required to log onto my computer. As a home business, I do not publish my address on any advertising material nor do I have signs in front of my house The only people that have my address are friends, family, and my customers.
- Again, I want you to know just how much I appreciate the opportunity to
- work with you and on your behalf. Please call me if you have any questions or need further assistance.
- Please note: I need a signed document from you to release any information about your return to a third party, i.e. banks, mortgage Company, etc.
- Best Regards, Stan Lebahn